1. The mojitos at Twist. Best I have ever had!
2. Calle Uruguay. On a Friday and Saturday night it is positively bumping with energy. I love that tons of great bars are lined up making it easy for a great pub crawl!
3. Isla Iguana on the Azuero Peninsula. The water was turquoise, the fish were polka dotted, the shells made a tinkling noise as the waves lapped on the sand. Isla Iguana is the bomb.
4. Reggaeton. Best dance music ever. Reggaeton originated in Panama in the late 80s/early 90s.
5. Carnaval. The bitchy songs about the other Queens, the communities coming together and hosing water on each other, dancing in the street all day. David Bowie’s dreams have come true.
6. Jap Jap.Even though no Panamanians I work with will come to Jap Jap with me for lunch I will stand by their chicken and their pita pollo forever.
7. The mix of western, afro-Caribbean and Latin culture that defines Panama.
8. The amount of amazing restaurants in Panama City. I’ve never eaten out so much in my life.
9. Casco Viejo’s beautiful Spanish Colonial architecture.
10. Pedasi. The deserted gorgeous beaches, the nice people, the sunsets!
What do you love about Panama?
|Written by Robin Dishner|
This post's rating:
Getting Directions In Panama
Dorian’s: a Bargain Shopper’s Paradise
The People You MUST Know in PTY
Panama Vacation Horror Story
Filed under: Culture on March 28th, 2008