The theme for our first ever Costa Rica Pages Travel Writing Competition will be:
Describe your most memorable vacation or travel moment and how it changed or affected you.”
Want to win? Here’s how:
* Be as creative as you’d like - your submission can be related to travel in any country or situation (keep it clean and ‘family friendly’ please), it can be between 300 - 800 words, it can be serious, funny, a rant, a poem, a haiku, an essay, etc.
* You may include a short video and/or picture to enhance your narrative, as well as a 1-3 sentence biography at the foot of the submission.
* Give your post a good title. This may be what catches our eye as well as an exciting introduction.
* Please consider putting a link back to this post on your blog so that your readers know you’re participating. You don’t have to do this - but it’d be appreciated to help grow the project.
* Once a submission has been approved based on the guidelines, it will be posted on the official Competition web page.
* Take your time to look at entries that have already been received, writing about something that has already been written might not be the way to go unless you can create a whole new spin on the idea.
* Leave comments, make connections with other blog readers and enjoy reading what others have to say. Create new threads and post in the forums to help feed your creativity, and invite your friends to visit the site and leave comments on your submission.
* The Deadline for Submissions is Friday, August 1, 2008. Winners will be announced Monday, August 4, 2008. They will be contacted by phone or e-mail and the winning submission along with two others will be posted on the main Costa Rica Pages blog.
Terms and Conditions:
* There is no entry fee to participate in the contest.
* We reserve the right to make minor grammatical edits to any submission for the sake of clarity.
* Your submission may not be published anywhere else on the web at the time of entry.
* Your submission must be your own original content.
* Employees of Costa Rica Pages and Costa Rican Vacations and their relatives are not allowed to participate.
* Submissions limited to 3 per person.
* The prize does NOT include flights to Costa Rica.
* The winner must be 18 or older to assure travel safety.
* There is no geographical restriction on applicants, you simply must be able to arrange travel to Costa Rica from your home country.
* The decision of the judges is final.
How to submit your essay online:
* Click on “Register” on the right-hand column on the homepage.
* You will be prompted to choose a username and enter your e-mail address.
* A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you with your new password.
* Now you may choose Login on the right-hand menu column and enter your new password and username.
* You will be given the option to submit additional information about yourself and change your password.
* Next, click on “Write” in the top left, and copy and paste your article into the box provided and hit “Submit for Review” (if you just “save” it, we will assume you are still working on it and not publish it)
* Once our judges have a chance to review the submission, it will be posted on the main page.
* If you have a photo or video that you believe will enhance the text, please send it to us at the below e-mail address…
Problems or Questions?
Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org !